Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's a Baby Shower!





It seems like a lot of people I know are getting pregnant, so I thought I'd put together a couple of small inspiration boards for a BABY SHOWER!

Now I know the typical baby shower colors are either pink for a girl, blue for a boy, or green or yellow for that "surprise" baby - but I love mixing it up a bit - having a purple themed flower. My first inspiration board is based on a more classic baby shower - with floral centerpieces, a cute little cake, simple, yet useful favors; and simple, adorable invites. This shower focuses more around your mom-to-be, rather than all the cutesy baby stuff (not that every shower shouldn't revolve around the mom-to-be!).

Since a purple-themed shower is probably colored more for a girl, I wanted to create on using some more boyish colors - bright orange and blue. (Orange is actually a pretty universal color and will make any party pop - especially with hot pink!) The photos represent a more modern, yet laid back shower in comparison to the first inspiration board. As you'll notice, the invites are humorous, the decor is very eye-catching and bright.

These are just two examples of what your baby showers can look like - there are so many creative ideas out there for decor, centerpieces, food, favors and more that you're sure to plan the best baby shower possible! Like always, I suggest heading over to Hostess With the Mostess for super creative ideas, or even just checking out some ideas through a Google Image search!

What have you done for baby showers you've hosted or attended? I'd love to hear some fresh ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment