Growing up, I always LOVED roasting some marshmallows over the fire and enjoy a nice, gooey chocolately, graham crackery S'MORE! Still, to this day, I love the taste of a nice s'mores treat, which is why I decided to make this delicious Peanut Butter S'mores Bar recipe from Betty Crocker for my family's BBQ this past weekend.
The recipe is SUPER easy and can easily be made as a last minute treat for your family's BBQ or picnic. There's only a handful ingredients, too.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) of Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie mix
(water, oil and egg as called for on cookie mix directions)
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy chocolate frosting
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch. Once dough forms, press into a 13x9-inch ungreased pan.
2. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
3. Scoop frosting into a microwavable bowl. Microwave from 15 to 20 seconds and stir until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup. Spread remaining frosting over cookie mix. Sprinkle marshmallows and Golden Grahams over frosting.
4. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Let cool for 15 minutes. Drizzle remaining frosting over bars. Cool for another 30 minutes.
See - super easy, right? Here are some more fun s'mores recipes we want to test out this summer -
S'mores Cookies from Grin and Bake It
S'mores Brownies from Lovin from the Oven
Chocolate Covered S'mores Pops from Love From the Oven
S'mores Cake in a Jar from How Sweet It Is
What S'mores recipes have you tried that are just killer good? What are your favorites desserts to bring to picnics or barbecues?