Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life is too short, and the time we waste in yawning never can be regained

I need to start remembering {and focusing} more on this quote from Stendahl, as I feel like I'm letting my dream somewhat slip away with the days - and i just don't know where it's going!

First off, I hope everyone enjoyed the nice extended weekend for Memorial Day, and that you remembered the reason for the extra day off {thanks to our past and present military men and women for the sacrifices they make for our country and freedom - God bless you all!}.  Mine was filled with working on the spring cleaning to-do list that at the time seemed to be a mile long {yet it's almost completely done!}.  I was so thankful for two nice days to finally get some yard work done {all the rain and other obligations has wreaked havoc on our poor, sad lawn and landscaping!}.

This long weekend also gave me a chance to catch up on some blogs and do some more research for upcoming posts.  It also gave me a chance to reflect on goals for the future Cammi Lee Events.  Sorry we've been so MIA lately - May has been a busy month for us with non-business stuff (dang real world always has to get in the way of my fun!).  I'm trying something new to keep me on track of my weekly blog posts, as well as on track for effectively starting this business up!  We hope you do forgive us and continue to read!  We'd love to hear from you as to what types of posts you would like to see in the future form us - is it more recipes, DIY ideas, wedding stuff, real parties - you tell us!  Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we update those pages on a more consistent basis with ideas, parties and weddings we love!


With it being the end of May {seriously, where has 2011 gone already?}, I wanted to follow up on my resolutions and goals for the year and see where I have been succeeding, and where I need work.  My goals and updates are as follow {for those who care to know! :) }

1. Build up to working out 3-times a week - this has been quite successful, to a point of almost annoyance.  My boyfriend, a personal trainer, wrote me a month-long work out plan with a calendar to go with it.  I've been so locked up in following that plan, I've kind of put my other stuff on hold - not good!  Time to figure out how I can fit everything into the schedule appropriately!

2. Try new recipe weekly {either cooking or baking} - this has been a failure resolution.  I think I need to start writing out my meals on a weekly basis, along with a weekly grocery list so that I can fulfill this resolution!

3. Read one book a month {business or leisure reading} - while I haven't finished a book a month, I'm pretty close.  I can't say this one is a total failure because some of my reading material is easier {and shorter} to read than others.

4. Have the Cammi Lee Events business plan written up by June 30th - another total fail.  This is probably one of the most important resolutions to follow, too, for getting the business off the ground.  This may have to be extended to December 31st :)

5. Plan at least 4 events in 2011 - I guess you could say I'm on-track with this one - I've help with the planning of two events thus far - my niece's Baptism and my "sister-in-law's" baby shower.  Now I just have to find two more people to let me plan their event in the next 6 months!

6. Create Web site for Cammi Lee Events - this one's coming along smoothly!  My graphic and web designer is working away on getting my site up and going {Estimated launch date: July 1st -  mark your calendars!}.  She's a gem - she's also working on my branding design... baby steps in the right direction!

7. Blog at least 4 times a week - well you all know this one hasn't been met!  Like I mentioned above - we're working on ways to get us more organized for posting... {fingers crossed I can keep up with it}

8.  Eat healthier - this has been so-so.  I was on a roll for a while, but then had some trips that kind of screwed it up.  Must. Jump. Back. On. Wagon.

9.  Find volunteer position in special events - this has been more difficult than I expected it to be!  My full-time {non-events related} job has hours that aren't very conducive to volunteer positions.  I will, however, ben helping with the planning of the MMRF Race for Research's 5K that takes place in September {not exactly what I was thinking, but it works!}

10.  Find seminars, classes, events for event industry to attend - major fail.  I'm not finding anything in the Twin Cities! {if anyone has heard of anything, please let me know!}

11.  Collaborate with other blogger - still in the works... I think it's hard to find bloggers to collaborate with when I haven't kept up on my blog myself!  If you or another blogger are interested in teaming up, please let me know!

12.  Complete ONE Scrapbook - I'd like to say that with all the time I've been away from the blog lately, it's been because I have been scrapbooking... but unfortunately, that's not the case.  I will tell you that I took out my Cricut for the first time ever {it had been sitting in its box brand new for over a year} and it doesn't work.  What's a girl to do, or scrap, without her Cricut?  It's probably best to contact customer support - just hope they help me out since I've it for over a year!}


Well there you have it - my goals and resolutions and where they stand.  As a recap for myself - I'm looking like a major slacker.  I think I need more to-do lists, and less internet perusing {I think part of my issue is that I just love looking at what all of you do, do that I forget to follow my own stuff!}.  Here's to hoping the next 6 months are more organized and fulfill my goals and resolutions than the first six months have!

No comments:

Post a Comment