Friday, February 18, 2011

Real Party: Rustic Baptism

I'm still poking around the 'net to try and find some more inspiration for my niece's {and soon to be Goddaughter} Baptism that's taking place in April.  Let me tell you - there is not a lot out there for photos of Real Baptisms... whon, whon!  But - thanks to that lovely little party site, Catch My Party, I was able to find some cute Baptism inspiration there {although, not much for a baby girl, which I found quite surprising}.

Today's real party comes from Meghan McCann of MegMac Designs.  She designed and planned her nephew's {and Godson) baptism with a very adorable rustic theme.  The Baptism was held in the fall, so all of the yummy homemade treats and food fit the season.  The menu included a DIY chili bar with homemade mini biscuit bowls, pumpkin-flavored whoopie pies, s'mores pops, spice cake balls, a harvest salad and much, much more.  The decor was simple, but adorable, with all of the printables made by Meghan.  Scroll down to view the great photos of this adorable rustic Baptism!


The adorable Guest of Honor - Grady
I love this simple, but adorable, centerpiece idea
Favors for each guest to take home - Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Buttercream {homemade... and YUM!}. Each tag read "All of God's grace in one SWEET little face".  A-DOR-ABLE!
I love this wishing tree!
I love this idea of a photo clothesline - such a great way for guests to see how much the baby has grown!

Adult-only Autumn punch
mason jars to match the rustic theme, with matching blue paper straws
the DIY chili bar with the homemade mini biscuits
Harvest salad
Sweet baked brie with homemade strawberry jam

pumpkin whoopie pies with custom party circles designed by Meghan
yummy s'mores pops!
Spice cake balls
Homemade coffee macarons with chocolate Nutella ganche
Seriously, is this Baptism one of the most adorable Baptism's?  I love the rustic theme in the fall time... and how Meghan matched the food to the season.  She must love that little guy a ton - everything was homemade and created by her - including all of the delicious food!  

If you would like to read more about the Baptism, and see more photos, head over to her blog here.

Hopefully I have some updates soon on my niece's Baptism that I'm planning - it's two months away from today!  That's not much time to plan! Oye vey - better bog down one of these nights! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment