Thursday, December 9, 2010

Real Party: Pink and Green Cookie Exchange

It's Thursday... TGIF tomorrow.  I don't know about you, but I have a ton of stuff to get done this weekend in preparation for Christmas (which I can't believe is in just TWO short weeks). My oh my!  There just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I would like to.  Luckily, I've made time for some blogging this week!  Be sure to check out the photos from the Blue and Pink Baby Shower I threw a couple of weeks ago.  But before then, check out today's great post, which is all about the holidays... and cookies!

Jackie from Jackie Fogartie Events designed this adorable Pink and Green Cookie Exchange party for her mom and neighbors.  As soon as I saw the photos, I instantly fell in love.  One of the things I liked best was that Jackie didn't use the traditional red and green color scheme for a holiday party - she mixed it up a bit with a bright pink and a lime-like green.  Another element of this party I really enjoyed was the fact she used everyday holiday items (and inexpensive at that) to decorate around the house - a good way to throw a party on a budget!

Isn't the door decor too cute!  Jackie used pink and green striped wrapping paper - looks like a pretty present if you ask me!  This is such a great way to carry out the theme of your party - you reach your guests before they even walk through the door!  


Here is the beautiful bow she made as the door centerpiece.  This was created by looping individual pieces of ribbon and stapling them together at the center and adding a cute snowflake to the middle. Easy peasy, right?

I love the look of these tree ornaments in jars.  This is such a quick and easy way to decorate for the holidays - and it looks great, too!


Aren't these glitter trees ahh-maay-zing!?  Jackie found these little gems at HomeGoods - way too cute!

I love the simplicity of the candles on the mantel.  So simple, yet so pretty!

I love how these white flowers pop against the pink and green vases and bottles.

The cookie set up - looks delicious!

Here is a close up of the "cookies" letters Jackie created as a cute backdrop for the cookie table.  Another easy DIY craft - cardboard letters that were spray painted with Snow Spray (that's what gives it the glittery glow).


What kind of cookie exchange would it be without a cookie contest?  Guests judged the cookies in three categories - most creative, most Christmas-y and best overall.  The cute sandwich cookie pops took the prize for most creative - I'd have to agree, you don't typically see cookie pops at a cookie exchange!

I'm loving the little ornament tags Jackie attached to the cookie take-home boxes. 

As another favor for guests (besides all the wonderful cookies they got to take home), Jackie put together a Holiday Cookie Recipe Book.  Before the exchange, she got the recipe of each cookie guests were brining and put together a book to take home - such a great idea!!

I'm a hot chocolate lover, so this hot chocolate bar totally caught my eye when I first saw this party!  I mean, seriously, what's better than drinking hot chocolate when indulging in cookies??

Thanks, Jackie, for letting us share you super adorable cookie exchange party! I'm sure you can all tell why I just loved this cookie exchange party so much - there were no details left out!  Be sure to head over to Jackie's blog to view more photos and read more details about this party.  Stick around and peruse her site, she has some great party inspiration that she spices up with her witty personality!

3 comments: