Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Real Party: Eva's Baptism

Some of you may recall me chatting about helping my sister and brother-in-law with my niece's (no Goddaughter) Baptism.  Well the day has come and gone, and let me tell you - it was mighty hectic!  We started out with church at the 10:45 a.m. service followed by what was supposed to be a 2 hour break, but I have a family who likes to show up fashionably early!  So while I was able to snap a few photos of the food and dessert table, I wasn't able to get much else {this seems to be a recurring theme for all the parties I help with!}. I hope you enjoy these few images from my nieces big day! {I apologize in advance for the dark photos, the way my sisters dining room is set up only allowed for the table to be in front of a window and sliding glass door... that makes for poor lighting!}



a view of the dessert table, which included cake, Oreo truffles dipped in lavender candy melts and mini cupcakes. 

another view of the dessert table

The food table.  We had deli sandwiches with cheese, fresh veggies, Italian pasta salad, Jello salad, chips and pickles and olives

We didn't have anywhere to hang these, but I spelled out my nieces name and put them in cute square white frames from the Dollar Store.  These will be hanged in her room at some point.

My attempt at making Oreo truffles

Custom "Wishes for Eva" tags.  I bought the cute little trees from the Target dollar section - they're prefect for "wish" trees!  I'll definitely use these for other events!

The cake (this was my sisters only request for the entire party)

The delicious punch that was a HUGE hit.  Thank you Martha Stewart (you can find the recipe here - it's perfect for a summer drink!)


My beautiful grandma holding her great granddaughter for the first time

Four generations in this photo (my mom on the far left, sister in the middle, my niece and my grandma)


I hope you enjoyed a little bit of an inside look at the party.  There wasn't much room to put too many decorations {as we had 40-some people show up}, but I did what I could with the room I had.  Like I mentioned above, the punch was a huge hit, as were the Oreo truffles.  I just loved the wish trees, although I wish I would have placed them in a different location because it was just too busy in the kitchen for people  to actually stop to write something.  I wanted to stop and decorate with some flowers (I had some vases on had with ribbon that matched the lavender and silver theme), but we just simply ran out of time the night before and during the time we had between the service and the luncheon.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment